Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Journey Begins

Greetings, I know not who may come across this blog, but if you are here, I may as well welcome you! =]

For at least a year now, my haunts on this here Internet have been infused with fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. It was puzzling to say the least, yet I have paid it little heed. C'est le guerre.

I would occasionally browse these various topics, of which there have been hundreds of, with hundreds of thousands of posts, to try and see what was going on with this show to warrant so many posts. I kind of liked the character art, Rainbow Dash looked cool, I liked that one. About a week or so ago, I happened to peruse a non-related topic and came across a link to the MLP:FiM song, 'This Day Aria.'

I remember half paying attention to it, likely with the video hidden away in another tab,  and wondering what was going on as the bride began singing about not loving the groom and lying about her vows.  So, I watched it, paying full attention, and a gnawing curiosity developed within me to see what happens after the inevitable clash between the evil and good princesses.

The YouTube link automatically replayed it for me. I'm not quite sure why as I linked it to someone else and they said it didn't do it for them.

I don't know what it is about it, but the way the evil one sings 'perfect' got to me. Over a year of apathy, thwarted with a single word. As the sirens of The Odyssey tempted Odysseus' men, so too did the evil princess beckon me. I just had to watch "A Canterlot Wedding."

And thus began my Odyssey to Canterlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment