Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"I can't believe you watch that"

Part of the reason I have embraced this project of mine with such zeal is that my computer decided to have a SNAFU on me months back. What came out a few months ago? Oh, nothing, except Diablo 3, a game I had been anticipating for 4~ years. =]
It worked fine for the D3 beta, then BAM! days before release, it starts acting up. I don't even know what the issue was for sure, but I appear to have fixed it and played the hell out of Diablo 3. Then I got to Inferno, worked my way through, people stopped buying every item I put on the AH, and my interest waned, as did my friends'. I certainly enjoyed it, but..

So, losing my enthusiasm for Diablo 3, and the majority of games I own, left me searching for something to pass the time with, which eventually was met by My Little Pony.

My 'mane' friends, who had also been major Diablo fans and likewise stopped playing it as much,  have of course been wanting to hang out more, and know I've been watching MLP:FiM, much to their chagrin. That lead to the following the other night:

"I can't believe you watch that shit." - Byrd
"Yeah, I didn't even know it existed until she sent me something about it." - Hauser
"Yeah, I got sent this one video, and it had like these little kid ponies in school. This one had a bow on. They started doing butt high-fives and I turned it off." - Byrd
"Butt high-fives?" - KT
"Yeah, I only watched about 30 seconds of it. I know she's been trying real hard to get me to watch it, but I just can't get into it. That show's too weird for me." - Byrd
It must have been Ponyville Confidential I reckon, and the 'butt high-fives' had to have been them checking their flanks for their marks. =]

But, yeah, if it hadn't been for Diablo 3, I highly doubt I would be writing this now. Or, if my computer hadn't gone FUBAR, I wouldn't have missed playtime in the initial weeks of release, and thus not cracked out on the game when I could play it properly, burning myself out on it and thus seeking another form of entertainment. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment