Sunday, August 19, 2012

Read it and Weep (Revisited)

This episode has definitely been in my top 3 since I first watched it. After re-watching it, I'm questioning my judgment in having not selected it for the overall favorite. I may have to change that, because I love this episode.
Daring Do is just plain awesome. I love this character. As evidenced by her making my Season 2 top 5 and overall top 5 character lists. While re-watching this, I was even questioning my selecting Twilight Sparkle as my favorite over her. She really is just that awesome. =]
The Daring Do plot is fun and entertaining. The 'real world' Rainbow Dash plot where learns she loves books and hides it from her friends, eventually turning to thievery to find out what happens to Daring Do, and eventually learning it's okay to read, is not as good (then again what is?), but still pretty good.
The only 'bad' thing I can say about this episode is that it introduced this amazingly awesome character and we never got to see Daring Do again except for on another book cover in A Friend in Deed. Hopefully Season 3 or beyond remedies that situation. We really need Daring Do as a 'real' character, working alongside the 'mane 6' on an adventure. Especially as a The Last Crusade parody. =]
Like my other 'revisited' episodes, it has received a bit of enhanced commentary and tons, I do mean tons, of new screenshots. Maybe about four times as many as it had before, with a little over 220 total. Most of which are of Daring Do. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment