Friday, August 17, 2012

MMMystery (Revisited)

This episode was one of my favorites from Season 2, the silent movie and James Bond bits were great when I first watched it. They didn't get near the amount of joy the second time through, since I knew they were coming, but I still enjoyed them a lot.

I did that post about the male ponies and noticed I only had two shots of Con Mane. I decided to rectify that, and ended up watching through the episode again.
I've seen some people saying they do not like this episode because of Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy going 'out of character' and eating the cake. This would be particularly true for Rainbow, who is the embodiment of the Element of Loyalty. However, we know that Pinkie Pie potentially used her Bugs Bunny abilities to make it so they all saw her 'flashbacks', so it is possible her describing the things triggered some uncontrollable urge in weak-willed victims.
I don't know, personally that seems like kind of a strange reason to dislike it, since the point of the episode wasn't so much 'who done done did it' but instead was supposed to be about Pinkie's deranged antics in trying to find out who it was. I mean really, she imagined the griffon, in a silent movie, tying her to train tracks and slicing up the cake with a big saw. Not to mention Con Mane and Ninja Mulia.
While this episode may not have made my overall top 10, it's probably still up there in my favorites if solely for the fact that it brought in Con Mane to the Ponyverse. =] Unlike my other 'revisited' episodes, this one only got minor commentary alterations, but did get over triple the screenshots it originally had, including a ton from the Con Mane bit. =] So feel free to enjoy 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment